Thursday, January 12, 2006

The JTR Java Test Runner Project

The JTR Java Test Runner Project: "JTR, acronym for Java Test Runner, is a Java framework that helps developers in building stress test suites. JTR has been devised with some targets in mind:

*

ease of use
*

extendability
*

high configurability
*

modularity
*

rapid development
*

providing J2EE developers with those facilities they usually need
*

ready to use logging facilities
*

Inversion of Control: let the JTR framework inject runtime properties into your runners
*

complete control of the exceptions potentially raised during your test runs

I decided to start devising & coding JTR since I was looking for a framework that could have helped me in building a complex J2EE test environment. The need came out one day at work: I had to stress test a J2EE application and after looking around for suitable testing frameworks I simply decided to start out writing my own one. This approach does not means the JTR framework either is or will be closed with respect to other testing frameworks. Infact it is my firm willing to integrate it with the most popular ones out there nowadays in the next future.
More information covering the most interesting details of the aims sketched above is provided in the reminder of this document (Project Details)."

No comments: